Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Wonder Years


Happy Birthday to Stevie Wonder. One of my all time favorite musicians and artists. I believe Stevie's influence on hip hop is up there with the likes of James Brown amongst others. The growing number of artists & producers who have sampled his work in the past 3 decades grows yearly...everyone from Snoop Dogg to 'Ol Dirty Bastard, to Rick Ross. It seems that almost every producer, artist, musician has been influenced by his work at some point in time.


My favorite Stevie Wonder album would most definitely be Talking Book.


I know in most people's opinion, "Innervisions" may show his genius at full form & "Songs in the Key of Life" may be his masterpiece, but "Talking Book" balances his musical genius and his emotional core. Steve Wonder was only 22 when this album was recorded and he truly showed his talent and artistic expression. They don't make 'em like that not more!


1 comment:

  1. happy birthday, Stevie Wonder!! This man is by far my favorite artist of all time. My favorite album is "Fulfillingness' First Finale", with "Talking Book" coming in a very close second, so I know how it is to go against the mass opinion of what his greatest work is.

    I also blogged about Mr.Wonderful today (and yesterday as well for Happy Black Girl Day). Check it out on www.dirtyprettythangs.com

    @thepbg

    ReplyDelete